WHAT IF YOU could be part of a group that raises $10,000 for a Grande Prairie charity in under 1 hour?
We do it 4 times a year.
We currently have over 1000 members on our Facebook page and the membership numbers are climbing by the minute!!
100+ Women to choose worthy Grande Prairie charities to support. We aim to raise at least $40,000 per year.
Giving should be easy! And fun! Now it is. Join us here!!
Bring together 100 (or more) women in Grande Prairie who care about local community causes and want to help.
Meet for an hour.
Jointly select a local charity.
Each write a $100 cheque to the selected organization and watch how the group’s commitment turns into a $10,000+ donation.
Do that four times a year and witness how $40,000 can improve the lives of our neighbours when placed in the hands of deserving local agencies working to serve the community.
How We Work
- Each Member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less.
- Any member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- The nominating members of three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes.
- With 100+members, the selected organization would receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to give her cheque to another Member to deliver on her behalf.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Grande Prairie area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- A successful organization is not eligible for future consideration for 1 year but the nominating member may submit the name of another organization.
- Ties will be decided by randomly selecting one of the tied organizations by draw.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.
- Each member of 100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie is allowed to nominate one local charity of their choosing for any given meeting. The charity must serve Grande Prairie and area populations and must be a registered charity / cause, in good standing with the CRA (able to issue tax receipts to members)in order to be eligible for consideration. This will be verified via:http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/srch/advancedsearch-eng.actio
- If You:
- are committed to helping others in our community but are stretched for time;
- want to be part of a powerful group of local women making an immediate, direct and positive effect on the lives of our neighbours;
- want 100% of your donations to go directly to local charity;
- want to learn more about the many worthy community service programs and organizations servicing Grande Prairie.